Online registration is now open for your little one to begin their new learning journey into our junior kindergarten program for September 2023! We currently have limited openings in some programs for the upcoming school year so don’t wait to register so that your child is ensured a spot.
Let the learning begin!
Niton Central School is pleased to offer our Junior Kindergarten Program for its third year. We have loved having these students be a part of our school community and look forward to continuing that in the years to come.
We have recently transformed two of our classrooms into an exciting, enriching and explorative environment in our school where our Junior Kindergarten students and Kindergarten students will learn collaboratively throughout the year. This space will provide the opportunity for combined learning and play-based activities but also provide the flexibility for each class to have their own space to focus on their specific learning goals. Our Junior Kindergarten students will be run by a certified teacher with support from a child care aid that will use our newly created space to further advance your child's skills. We look forward to sharing pictures as the transformation progresses and are very excited for everyone to see it in September!
For more information, please read through our Junior Kindergarten Parent Information Booklet.
We are very excited to be the place where your child will start their educational journey and can't wait to see you in September!
- ATA Certified teacher plus certified educational assistant.
- Flight Curriculum Program.
- Newly transformed learning space.
- NO fee for school supplies is required.
- Access to assessments that will help track your child's progress and areas for growth.
- Support of GYPSD learning support teacher, speech-language pathologist, occupational therapist and divisional psychologist.
- A collaborative classroom environment that works closely with kindergarten students for mentorship and modelling.
- Access to the school gymnasium and outdoor play areas.
- Access to our community library.
3 and 4 years olds are welcome into the Junior Kindergarten Program. Your child will need to turn 3 on or before December 31 in order to enroll.
Dates and Times
The program will run on Tuesdays and Thursdays each week, 10:30 A.M. - 2:00 P.M., 3.5 hours per day.
Helpful Parent Tips